The Postal Realty Team descended upon Las Vegas last week, but we weren’t there for the roulette tables. No, our team came to the Neon City to attend the 2023 AUSPL Conference, the largest annual gathering of Postal Lessors.
Postal Realty was the principal sponsor of this year’s conference. We joined nearly 400 other Postal lessors at the historic Flamingo Hotel to learn about the latest developments in the industry and offer our expertise to fellow Postal owners.
Among the highlights of the three-day conference:
- Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney, former chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, shared her wealth of knowledge on Postal issues and her continuing advocacy efforts. Congresswoman Maloney was the primary sponsor of the historic Postal Service Reform Act of 2022
- Deputy Inspector General Elizabeth Martin from the USPS Office of Inspector General presented an overview of how they maintain the integrity and accountability of the USPS and took questions from postal lessors.
- Keith LaShier, AUSPL President and SVP of REAC, shared an overview of the Postal Service’s S&DC (Sorting & Delivery Center) initiative and how the route consolidation effort undertaken as part of the Postal Service’s 10-year plan may affect post office owners.
- Attendees received a thorough education on the latest changes to the USPS lease form, updates on the AUSPL Insurance Program, the AUSPL’s ongoing efforts in obtaining updated FOIA leased property information, tips for navigating the relationship with USPS and negotiations with JLL, advice on dealing with USPS deferred maintenance, EMCOR requests, and resolving lease disputes via the Board of Contract Appeals, maintenance “best practices” and new products that lessors can utilize to protect their properties and investments.
- Rafi Harel, SVP of Postal Realty Trust, participated in a panel to close out the conference, answering questions from lessors about purchases, investments, and lease negotiations.
Congratulations to Deolinda C. for being the winner of our Apple AirPods raffle!
Though the conference was three days long, it went by in the blink of an eye. We had many fascinating interactions with fellow attendees, and we wish we had more time to continue those discussions. We’d love to hear from you and continue the conversation.
Acquisitions, Property Valuation
Lease Intepretation, Claims/EMCOR
Title, Estates, Closing Process
Operating Partnership Units
Real Estate Asset Counseling
Keith Lashier and Laurie Faith
Lease Negotiations, Other Advisory